4 Keys to an Honest and Successful New Relationship
Starting a new relationship can be difficult, as it takes a great deal of time and effort. If important details are omitted during those first few formative conversations, you could be looking at a rocky road ahead.
Starting with a strong foundation of friendship and trust is important when you’re building a new relationship. A foundation built on honesty can mean the difference between a healthy relationship and one that leaves much to be desired.
Consider these keys to an honest and successful new relationship:
- Share the reasons why your last relationship ended. It’s not only fair, but also important for your new dating partner to understand what caused the breakup of your last relationship. This is especially true if you’re to blame. Your honesty and candidness will be appreciated.
- Showing this new person that you’re remorseful about your past actions allows them to see how you’ve learned from your past and wish to do things differently now.
- By sharing your past relationship challenges, you could avoid repeating them.
- If this new person doesn’t stick around after your outpouring, chances are they weren’t “the one“ after all. Don’t worry – your match is still out there waiting for you!
- Explain your feelings about what you want from this relationship and justify the reasons. Maturity goes a long way in getting the most out of any situation.
- Be prepared to give the same things you expect so both parties are treated fairly. Remember that a relationship is a two way street.
- Let your new partner know that you don’t always have the best advice, but you’re the best listener in the world!
- Explain that you sometimes require encouragement to pursue something intimidating that you’ve always wanted to try, but haven’t.
- Once you get things out in the open, there’s a choice. If the love is real, the person will understand your morals and respect your position.
- It’s important to express your emotions when your new friend does something you don’t like so it’s clear that you don’t want it to happen again.
- Remember that your beliefs make you the person you are. Avoid becoming somebody else for the sake of love!
The sooner you address potential issues in an honest way, the closer you’ll be to building a strong, healthy relationship with someone special. Honesty is always the best policy! If being honest doesn’t give you the results you want, maybe it wasn’t meant to be, and something better is in store for you!